As explained above, Synthesia International has obtained the British Board Agrément (BBA) certificate for polyurethane insulation systems. Previously we gave you details about the thermal insulation for roofs, and now we go deeper into polyurethane systems for floors that have received this certification.
This Agrément Certificate Product Sheet 3 relates to the Synthesia Range of Insulation for Floors; spray-applied in-situ thermal insulation for suspended timber ground floors and concrete ground floors of new and existing domestic buildings.
Key factors assessed
- Thermal performance – Depending on their thickness, the product has a declared thermal conductivity value of between 0.026 W/m·K and 0.028 W/m·K for Poliuretan Spray S-353E.
- Condensation risk – The product has a water vapour resistance factor of 80 (resistivity of 400 MN·s/g·m) for Poliuretan Spray S-353E. The risk of interstitial condensation will depend on the roof construction and should, therefore, be assessed for each project.
- Floor loading – The products can support a design loading for domestic applications.
- Durability – The product will have a life equivalent to that of the structure in which it is incorporated.
Technical Specification: Description of the insulation polyurethane system for floors.
- The Synthesia Range of Insulation for Floors consists of Poliuretan Spray S-353E, closed-cell polyurethane foam suitable for suspended timber ground floor joists, or ground-supported or suspended concrete ground-floors.
- The product is prepared from two liquid components, isocyanate and resin, and are yellowish in colour.
- The product is applied with a fixed ratio (1:1) volumetric displacement pump, up to a maximum thickness of 250 mm.
Examples of application of Synthesia International insulation polyurethane system for concrete ground floor.
For more information please see the following BBA Certificate which has all the certificate information, including tests, manufacturing and installation processes. You can download it at this link BBA Certificate for floors – Synthesia Internacional.
Interested in this polyurethane system? You can contact us for more information